Monday, February 23, 2009

lines in the suit

deery-lou.
previously on the e-list…

while out walking the other day around 28th & lake, where the expensive homes are, i noticed two elderly couples in the window of a house playing cards. instantly, i was filled with joy. it reminded of my grandparents. when they first moved to florida, they were quite active with their neighbors. they were always playing cards, having dinner with, or taking trips with their new found friends. they seemed to be quite happy back then. as i continued along, the image of the elderly card players stayed with me. i couldn't shake it. it made me wonder what my life would be like at that age. will i be gathering at a friends house to play cards? will i be living in a nice house? will i even have a partner? my mind has been wandering a lot into the future. i guess it's all the uncertainty. no one really knows what awaits us. there is a part of me that hopes my life mirrors that of my grandparents or even of the elderly i saw in the window. just where will i end up next is anyone's guess.

stay gold & be well…

No comments: