Monday, June 13, 2005

korean-havana nights

deery-lou.

its hot here. i finally caved in and turned on my air conditioning. during taekwondo i was completely drenched. the sabomnim made us jump so much. every time he looked over at me he said "jump, jump". for a minute i thought he was channeling kris kross.
no how much the tkd class pains me while i'm doing it, i aways seem to feel pretty good after. although tonight i ate a sausage sandwich, a chocolate snack, and peanut butter on a banana. not sure why so hungry.

friday night i spent my evening chatting with misty online and listening to bagel radio. ted was having a little summer theme going so i told misty to have him play bananarama's "cruel summer". not sure many people were fond of that song being played but i sure was. hee hee. we chatted until 3am my time and then i decidced i should be off to bed. my saturday was spent eating mcdonalds [i had a break down] and doing absolutely nothing. oh wait, i did manage to get a nap in. around 7pm i met a friend of mine in hongdae. we had dinner and then went to macondo latin bar. it was like stepping into my own korean-havana nights. yes i will admit that i saw havana nights. MISTY MADE ME GO!!! just kidding i actually wanted to see it for some obscure reason. perhaps it has something to do with my interest in latino culture [wink. wink.] it felt so forbidden being there. the dirty dancing of havana finding it's was into the converstive korean borders. actually there are quite a few latino clubs in korea. these koreans just want to dance. they actually served sangria too and it was pretty tastey. there were a lot of older korean men there waiting to ask the young pretty women to dance. some of them were actually pretty good. we stayed for an hour or so and then i called it a night and went back to lovely ansan.

on sunday i had some cold noodle soup and this resturant near gojan station. i went to lunch with my korean friend chris. the soup was very tastey. although next time i need to have them cut my noodles. its very hard to eat noodles with chopsticks. and these sweet potato noodles are quite chewing. i had to break them with my fingers because i can't find the end of noodle. i had so much in my mouth that i thought i was going to gag. nevertheless i prevailed. it funny how the smallest things can make one feel like they accomplished something great. thats what eating chewy noodles with chopsticks is like for me. chris and i hung out for a bit. later i went to carrefour to get some supplies. while in there i brought down and bought two korean movies that are on video cds. they cost about $4 bucks each. hopefully they'll work in my computer. one definitely said it had english subtitles the other didn't. i'm taken a gamble but i wanted to get it because it had an actor from "love's pinwheel" in it. hee hee. i'm such a dork sometimes. i've also been watching this sitcom called "guys & girls" every friday morning at 10. i love korean shows.

anyway…after having some dinner mcdonalds again. i know bad. when i fall i fall hard. but i think its out of my system again. i really wanted a crepe but the crepe lady wasn't there. so i got the big mac. sadness. i spent the rest of the evening watching 4 episodes of "popular". I LOVE THAT SHOW!! i was laughing so much. it made me feel so good. there was even one episode that i hadn't seen pretty that was a riot. here are some quotes:

mary cherry: "the career test said that i'd be a serial killer."

mary cherry's t-shirt: "prada or death"

nicole juilian: "i've given her a blowout that would have straightened the pacific coast highway" [this was about april tuna's makeover]

mary cherry's response: "april tuna is the blackhole of beauty."

adam to brooke: "is mary cherry retarded?"

it makes me laugh now just reading them. i could go on and on. this show was way ahead of its time. its too bad it wasn't able to go a third season. i love finding a show that can watch over and over again and still continue to laugh. and even see things you didn't notice before. sigh…r.i.p. popular and especially you mary cherry.

be well…

5 comments:

Misty L said...

hahahah. I heart Mary Cherry.

Prattlepants said...

someday im going to write a tv show and call it 'Celebrated', and one of my characters, Fethan, will say "I had so much in my mouth that I thought I was going to gag. Nevertheless I prevailed"

YAY!

j. ethan duran said...

looking back on that quotea…it's dirty!

Kate said...

do i sense a "banana" obsession?

Pevil said...

I've seen your "latin obsession" in action!